Public Welfare

Who do I contact regarding Welfare?

Call the Welfare Officer, Rebecca Purdin, at 673-8855 x300 and leave a message.  Your call will be returned within 24 hours.

Where is the Brookline Food Pantry?

The town food pantry is located in the lower level of the Town Hall.  It can be accessed through the far door at the back of the building.

What Does the Food Pantry Need? 

  • Refrigerated items (milk, eggs, cheese, juice, butter or spread, long lasting produce, cottage cheese, yogurt, lunch meat in packages, cream cheese, and pudding snacks)
  • Frozen items (frozen vegetables and meats) 
  • Non-perishable foods (instant potatoes, rice, rice-a-roni, ground coffee, cereal, pasta sauce, any pasta except spaghetti)
  • Other items (Personal hygiene items, toilet paper, paper towels)

How Can I Donate to the Food Pantry? 

  • Any non-perishables can be dropped off in the collection boxes inside the town hall, or the post office (anytime they are open).
  • To make a donation at another time, please call Rebecca Purdin to make an appointment.  She can be reached at 673-8855 x206.

Thanks to all for your continued generosity and support of the town food pantry!

How do I Request Food Assistance?

Call the Food Pantry at 673-8855 x206.  Please leave a message if no one is there.

Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
Rebecca Purdin Welfare Officer 673-8855 x300