Recycling benefits the environment and Brookline!
- Your recycled materials return $$$$$ to Brookline to offset the cost of Transfer Station operation
- Your recycled materials can be refabricated into new items.
- Your neighbor's discard may be your NEW TREASURE.
RECYCLE before you TRASH IT!
|Mixed Paper (junk mail, catalogs, books, paper egg cartons)||No plastic bags|
|Newspapers & Magazines Brown paper bags|
|Aluminum Beverage Cans||Beverage cans only|
Plastic food/drink, detergent containers,
Milk & juice cartons (#1 thru #7)
|No plastic bags|
|Glass (Bottles, jars, window glass, ceramics)||No picture glass|
|Corrugated Cardboard||No soiled cardboard|
|Brush, unpainted, unstained, untreated wood||Burn pile||Less than 6" diam; no stumps or logs in volume|
|Construction debris||Construction dumpster||Less than 5 pounds. FEE for other debris.|
|Medications||Chain Pharmacy (CVS, Rite Aid)||Do NOT flush medications! For a small fee chain pharmacies provide disposal envelopes for prescription and OTC medications|
|Metal||Metal pile||FEE for some items.|
|Oil||Oil shed||No cooking oil, gas, antifreeze|
|Paint - latex||Trash||Dry. Read Instructions|
|Propane tanks||Propane area||1 pound only. FEE for other sizes.|
|Sharps||St. Joseph Hospital||Place sharps in a sealed sharps container or liquid laundry detergent bottle. Tape shut and mark "used sharps." For more info, call 882-3000|
|Textiles/Clothing||Salvation Army Dumpster||Not soiled, no rugs, no pillows|
|Jim Solinas||Lead Attendant||673-4267|
Tuesday 12:30pm - 8:00pm
Thursday 12:30pm - 8:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Please do not bring excessive loads on Saturday. Spreading out the activity over Tuesday and Thursday will allow operators to handle activity more effectively and make it easier to schedule the transfer of loaded containers.
38 North Mason Road
News & Announcements
- Supervisors of the Checklist Session - Tues., Jan. 24th from 7:00-7:30pm
- Supervisors of the Checklist Session - Sat., January 28th from 11:00-11:30am
- Filing period for Town offices Jan 25-Feb 3rd @ 5pm
- 2017 Budget Hearing Packets Now Available
- Brookline Receives Approval for $580,000 in Funding for Two Pedestrian Bridges and a Sidewalk