The Brookline Garden Club (
Garden Club Service Projects
The Garden Club designed and installed public garden spaces and maintains them throughout the year:
- The flower garden in the triangle across from the Brookline Town Hall.
- Several flower garden beds around the Kildruff-Wirtanen American Legion Post in Brookline
- The center garden area of the SAU on Bond Street in Hollis.
Garden Club Activities
- Spring – Annual Plant Sale on the first Saturday in June. We all dig up plants the have prospered in our own gardens (and survived the New England winters) and we sell them at our plant sale at prices generally ranging from $1.00 to $5.00.
- Winter - Annual Holiday Evergreen Wreath Making class.
- Flower arranging classes - taught by local florist Doris Lindgren of All Ways Flowers.
- October 2012 - we assisted the Girl Scouts plant over 800 red tulip bulbs as part of Drug and Alcohol Awareness. (They planned on the tulips blooming around prom time this year as a reminder to all students.)