Friends of the Brookline Public Library
Friends of the Brookline Public Library (FBPL)
Who are the Friends? We are a group of people whose mission is to support the Library. We supplement the official Library budget by providing funds for museum passes, helping to pay for the Summer Reading Program, and providing various other programs or purchases as needs arise. We raise the funds with which to do this, and are a 501(c)(3) organization. We work hard and have fun
BOOK DROP at the ANNEX – Saturday, Feb. 25 from 9am-noon at 4 Main Street, Brookline.
Donate unwanted/saleable Books and DVDs for the Friends of Brookline Public Library Book Sale. Your donations will be gratefully received by the Friends and sold at the upcoming Book Sale in May. Proceeds from the sale provide benefits for Brookline residents, including Museum passes, and Reading and Music programs for children.
What do the Friends Do?
We hold various fundraisers annually:
- Book & Bake sales in the spring and fall
- Wreath Silent Auction before Christmas
- Sweets table at the Christmas Tree Lighting in early December.
- Sweets at the Chili Chowder Cook-Off in February.
When do Friends Meet?
- The Friends meet at the Library on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm.
- No meeting in July, August and December.
- For more information, contact Chairperson Dona Eaton 673-7526. or Library Director Myra Emmons in person or at 673-3330.
How can you join?
- Attend a meeting.
- Stop by the Library and pick up a brochure. Join annually as a Member ($10), a Patron ($25), or a Business ($25). Or donate $100 once for a lifetime membership.
- Call Chairperson Dona Eaton 673-7526.
Minutes of the FBPL